Are you having a difficult time handling the struggles in your life? Could you use a therapist’s insight on what you’re going through, or a non-judgmental ear just to listen? Are you hesitant to talk to others about your problems? Do you find it hard to be vulnerable and feel safe in relationships? Are you having trouble feeling close to people and avoid sharing past hurtful experiences.
Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) could be the solution you’ve been seeking. Individual therapy differs from group or alternative therapy methods in the way that you are the sole focus of a single therapist. If you’ve been feeling hopeless or lost lately, or struggling with a problem in your life that feels unsurmountable, EFIT could help you improve your everyday life.
EFIT is an approach to therapy treatment founded on attachment theory. EFIT believes that everyone has core emotions, vulnerabilities, protective strategies and a need for safe relationships. EFIT focuses on emotions and memories that hold us back from having relationships that give us fulfillment. Unlike other therapies, EFIT assumes that emotion and memories can be a source of healing. We’ll work on increasing awareness of emotions, separating useful emotions from hurtful emotions and using healthy emotions to increase relationship satisfaction.
So if any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You don’t know who you could ever trust with knowing about your secret struggle
- You wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way
- You’re interested in therapy, but you don’t want to give up total control
- Other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggle
- You need somebody to listen to you and your feelings for once
- You’re interested in therapy, but not sure how it could fit into your life
If you answered yes to any of the above and you’re looking for help improving your everyday life, I encourage you to contact me and look forward to speaking with you about how I can help you.